Objective: Create a mutual base understanding of the clinic, needs, and goals—uncovering problems that could be addressed and solved with design.
Deliverable: I developed a research questionnaire and worked with Darquin and Betty to help translate their clinic, needs, goals, clients, values, feelings, and perceptions into written words that would serve as references and guidelines.
Result: For this particular project, we identified that they needed a website that reduces emotional stress associated with acupuncture and provides potential clients with commonly inquired information about the clinic, staff, and treatments. The clinic also had an old logo that struggled with visual clarity and contradicted the goal of reducing emotional stress.
Objective: Understand the client's visual language, bridge the gap between our ideas, and agree on a design direction.
Deliverable: With some additional research into competitors, industries, and inspirations, I transformed the assembled information into two different stylescapes, which are curated collections of images, textures, typography, and colors to communicate a certain look and feel of a brand.
Result: After some review and adjustments, they selected the first one, which they felt best represented their clinic, target audience, and preferences. It focused on keywords: modern, professional, friendly, comfort, and zen.
Objective: Create an identity based on the chosen stylescape.
Deliverable: I drafted a few versions with mockup applications and short descriptions—to help Darquin and Betty better visualize and understand the thought process behind each one.
Result: Through discussions, feedback, and a few revisions, the chosen logo best reflected the comforting, calming, and nature friendly atmosphere exuded at their clinic and practice.
Objective: Building content strategy and incorporating it into the website design to effectively provide information about alternative health treatment, relieve any form of worry or anxiety associated with acupuncture, and encourage client engagement.
Deliverables: I built content strategy by identifying the website's value proposition, creating user stories, and forming a brief top-down information architecture. It aimed to identify user obstacles and guide solutions.
For this particular project, I sketched wireframes and designed a high-fidelity interactive prototype using Adobe XD—incorporating the visual style from the chosen stylescape.
Result: After review, feedback, and some adjustments, I built and launched the website on Webflow.
Objective: Help owners adopt the rebranded identity and enforce consistency in the clinic.
Deliverables: To create identity consistency, I created additional print projects that replaced old branded materials, such as: business cards, door vinyls, and signs.
Result: The branded materials created clarity and consistency that unified the overall clinical experience beyond the website.